The League of Leisurely Ludological Independent Pursuits of Passion Guild (“Lollipop” or “Lollipop Guild” for short) is a casual, low-stress peer-group for game development amateurs & hobbyists that help each other manage & maintain a healthy & rewarding game making practice that is integrated & balanced into the rest of our lives.
- Give & receive feedback & advice on our active projects
- Share knowledge & best practices on game creation & hobby-life balance
- Help each other stay grounded & realistic about our projects while pushing ourselves to grow
- Genuinely are here to listen to each other and collaborate
We use the following to help us stay in touch & get work done:
- Godot Engine: This is our preferred engine and we’d like to welcome those looking to use Godot as their primary game making tool. All other engines are welcome but you’ll probably find more opportunities to collaborate or join in jams with us if you have some familiarity with Godot.
- Habitica: We have a party in Habitica our members are welcome to optionally join. Habitica is a task and habit tracker with some lite-RPG game mechanics.
- Discord: This is our main channel for communication.
- Pomodoro: There are a ton of apps, but this productivity technique seems to be the one that we go back to over and over.
- Weekly progress logs are posted in Discord. These can be as simple as “I didn’t do anything this week.” to links out to detailed blog posts or even a latest game build for members to try out.
- Monthly voice/video call to chat about how we are doing and bounce ideas off each other
- Challenges and jams for the group (Some of these challenges will be in Habitica)
This group is primarily for people with either non-game related jobs or people wanting to maintain a game making practice outside of work hours. We are less about creating games that are profitable and well-marketed than we are about just making and finishing games. If that sounds like something you’re interested in joining, reach out to us at lollipopgamedev.